BULGARIAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR PRESCHOOL EDUCATION – OMEP
S T A T U T E
I. STATUS. OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
NAME AND HEADQUARTERS
Art. 1. (1) The Bulgarian National Committee for Preschool Education – OMEP is a non-profit organization – legal entity. The abbreviation BNC – OMEP will be used further in the text of the statute.
(2) The BNC – OMEP is established sine die and is based upon the statutory base of the World organization for preschool education (in original Organisation Mondiale pour l`Education Prescolaire (O.M.E.P)) and is acting according to the Bulgarian legislation.
(3) The headquarters of the BNC – OMEP is in the city of Sofia, 69A, Shipchensky prohod Blvd., municipality Slatina.
Art. 2. The objectives of the BNC – OMEP are to:
Promote providing the best possible conditions for development of any child by using the means, allowed by the Bulgarian legislation.
Promote all the initiatives aiming improvement of the preschool education.
Encourage and support carrying out researches, which will contribute to improvement of preschool education of children.
Art. 3. In order to achieve the objectives, stated in the aforesaid provision the BNC – OMEP will:
Collect and disseminate information, which promote better understanding and satisfying the needs of the youngest children.
Organize and will take part in researches, done by other government and non-government organizations, concerning the preschool education of children.
Carry out surveys, concerning the preschool education of children.
Consult parents, who are mostly concerned with preschool education.
Support establishment and maintenance of international library as well as publication of bibliography on preschool education.
Contribute the training of the staff for the needs of preschool education and will organize international seminars and postgraduate study for teachers and other professionals.
Organize international, national and regional conferences.
Take part in drawing up of international conventions on the basic principles of the preschool education.
Establish and maintain contacts with international organizations, working in the field of preschool education .
Cooperate with other non-government organizations in the country.
II. STRUCTURE OF THE BULGARIAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE – OMEP
Art. 4. (1) Members of the BNC – OMEP may be legal capable physical persons, who support the objectives and the tasks of the BNC – OMEP, as stated in the present statute and wish to work for development of preschool education of children in Bulgaria and will pay the membership due, the General Meeting has set to be collected.
Legal entities, which accept the objectives and the tasks of the BNC – OMEP and pay the membership due, the General Meeting has set to be collected, may be members of the BNC.
PROCEDURE OF ACCEPTANCE OF NEW MEMBERS
Art. 5. (1) The membership is voluntary and occurs on the grounds of a decision of the General Meeting with simple majority following payment of the membership due, set by the General Meeting. The applicant submits application to the Executive Committee or to the regional Committee at their choice and signs an affidavit of acceptance of this statute.
(2) The founders are members by rights.
(3) The members pay membership due, which amount is set by the General Meeting.
(4) No any members can be expelled by reason of race, religious, national or political motives.
PROCEDURE OF TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Art. 6. The termination of membership takes place according to the procedure of acceptance of new members i.e. by decision of the General Meeting in the following cases:
termination of the organization;
upon personal will of the concerned member following 3-month written notification;
expelling for not paying membership due for 1 year;
death, putting members, judicial persons under judicial disability, and termination of the members, legal entities according to the relevant procedure.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE MEMBERS
Art. 7. (1) The members of the General Meeting have the rights to:
elect and to be elected in the governing bodies;
take part in the sessions of the General Meeting and to vote;
be informed about the decisions of the Managing Board and about the activity of the BNC – OMEP;
request cancellation of those decisions of the Managing Board, which contradict the statute and the law in the country.
(2) The members of the BNC – OMEP are obliged to:
pay duly the set membership due;
contribute achievement of the objectives, stated in Art.2 of the statute;
carry out the decisions of the General Meeting and the Managing Board;
follow the provisions of this statute;
not to undertake derogatory actions to the reputation of BNC -OMEP.
III. GOVERNING BODIES. GENERAL MEETING AND MANAGING BOARD
STRUCTURE OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Art. 8. (1) The supreme body of the BNC -OMEP is the General Meeting. It is in charge of laying down its policy and programme. All the members can take part at its sessions.
(2) The founders and the nominated delegates by the regional committees are members of the General Meeting. Each member of the General Meeting has the right of one vote and exercises this right personally;
(3) Each member of the BNC – OMEP can take part in the discussions on the points in the agenda and in taking decisions;
(5) Each member of the BNC – OMEP can exercise his right to vote, when decisions of the Managing Board are taken. Each delegate votes personally. The vote of each delegate is expressing his personal view and may not coincide with the opinion of the relevant regional committee;
(6) The voting may be open or secret;
(7) The delegates of the regional committees should present a letter of attorney issued by the Chairman of the relevant regional committee in order to be accepted to take part in the sessions of the General Meeting.
REQUIREMENTS OF HOLDING OF THE GENERAL MEETING QUORUM
Art. 9. (1) The General Meeting is convening sessions. The sessions of the General Meeting is held at least once a year.
(2) The sessions of the General Meeting are legal, if at least half of the members with right to vote, who have been invited in writing and duly according to the procedure, set in the statute are attending. If there is not the needed quorum the General Meeting is postponed for 1 hour later on the same day and with the same agenda. The session is considered legal no matter how many members and delegates will come.
Art. 10. (1) The General Meeting is convened regularly by the Managing Board at least once a year. Each member is invited in writing not less than three months earlier prior the date of the session. The agenda, the date, the place and the time of holding the session is stated in the invitation.
(2) The attending members of the General Meeting elect a Chairman of the sessions by qualifying majority. He presides over the sessions.
(3) The Chairman of the BNC – OMEP may convene a session of the General Meeting upon the request of the Managing Board or of the 1/10 of the members of the General Meting. If in the later case the Managing Board will not convene a session of the General Meeting within 14 days, the Regional Judge will convene a session.
AUTHORITIES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Art. 11. (1) The authorities of the General Meeting are to:
accept, amend and supplement the statute;
elect the members of the Managing Board;
elect the executive bodies, which to serve the activities of the BNC- OMEP;
accept and approve the programmes, the budget and the annual report and financial statement and the profit and loss account reported by the Managing Board;
accept and to exempt from membership members of the BNC – OMEP;
set the amount of the membership due and the terms for its payment by the members of the BNC – OMEP;
take decisions on disposal of real properties in possession of the BNC – OMEP;
take decision on termination of the activity of the BNC – OMEP;
consider appeals against decisions of the Managing Board. The General Meeting takes peremptory decision;
approve rules, regulating the structure of the BNC – OMEP, the status and the functions of the regional committees, the categories of the members of the BNC – OMEP and the functions of the executive bodies, established by a decision of the General Meeting.
(2) The General Meeting takes decisions with simple majority, when it exercises its authorities, except in the cases when the statute is amended or supplemented, and the activity of the BNC – OMEP is terminated. In these cases the decisions are taken by majority of 2/3 of the voted members having the right to vote.
(3) The secretary is keeping the record of the sessions, which is signed at the end of the session by the chairman and by the secretary.
STRUCTURE OF THE MANAGING BOARD
Art. 12. (1) The Managing Board is a governing body of the BNC -OMEP, which is carrying out the decisions of the General Meeting and is running the policy of the General Meeting in the period between its sessions.
(2) The General Meeting elects the Managing Board for the period of three years. The number of its members is not less than 5 and not more than 30 members.
(3) The Managing Board includes representatives of the various regions in the country.
(4) The Managing Board elects among the attending members Chairman and Deputy-Chairman at its first regular session. The Chairman of the Managing Board is Chairman of the BNC – OMEP.
(5) The sessions of the Managing Board are held once at 4 months and the Chairman convenes them by means of written invitation, which states the day, the time, and the place, where the session will be held, and the agenda of the session.
THE PROCEDURE FOR CONVENE OF THE MANAGING BOARD
Art.13. (1) The sessions of the Managing Board are legal, if more than ½ of its members attend in personal the session.
(2) The Managing Board takes its decisions in case of the aforesaid in the preceding article quorum.
(3) Each of the members of the Managing Board has the right of one vote and exercises his vote in personal. A member of the Managing Board can be represented by another member of the Managing Board or another member of the General Meeting with the right to vote only in extraordinary cases and by means of an explicit letter of attorney.
(4) The Managing Board takes its decisions by simple majority and with open voting.
(5) The secretary is keeping the record of the sessions of the Managing Board. The taken decisions are recorded and signed by all voted members.
(6) The Managing Board can take non-attending decisions in urgent cases, if all the members have expressed their consent in writing by means of massage by mail, by fax or by any other means, which could identify the authenticity of the signature of the relevant member of the Managing Board.
AUTHORITIES OF THE MANAGING BOARD
Art. 14. (1) The Managing Board has the authorities to:
Organize the carrying out of the taken decisions by the Managing Board and manages the activity of the BNC -OMEP in the period between the sessions.
Elect the Executive Council, which operates under conditions and procedures, set up by the rules, approved by the Managing Board.
Establish and to close regional structures in the country and to set up their status, functions under the conditions and the procedures, set up in the rules, approved according to Art. 13, point “b” of the present statute.
Consider the applications of preparatory committees, groups for cooperation and associated members for approving their statute as regional committees under conditions and procedure set up in the rules, approved according to Art. 13, point “b” of the present statute. The decision of the Managing Board for rejection of approval the statute of regional committee of the applicant can be appealed before the General Meeting one month after its notification.
Accept the budget of the BNC – OMEP and to permit spending the necessary expenditures on realization of the activity of the BNC – OMEP.
Accept the financial statement on the activity of the BNC and the transcripts of the accounts reported by the treasurer or by the deputy-treasurer.
Take decisions on collecting funds needed for achievement of the objectives stated in Art.2 of the statute.
Set up the amount of membership due, the associated members, pre-accessed members and the individual members have to pay and the procedure of its payment.
Manage and to dispose of the property of the BNC – OMEP in accordance with the decisions of the General Meeting.
Maintain contacts with the World Organization for Preschool Education and with other organizations and institutions, which are working in the field of the preschool education.
(2) The Managing Board is obliged to:
Convene regular sessions of the general Meeting.
Inform duly the General Meeting on the taken decisions and to report its activity before the General Meeting.
Consider the applications for membership in the BNC – OMEP, submitted by the regional or preparatory committees observing the procedure and the conditions, stated in the rules, according to Art. 13 b of the present statute.
Art. 15. (1) The Chairman of the BNC – OMEP, who is Chairman of the Managing Board too, represents the Bulgarian National Committee for Preschool Education.
(2) The Managing Board elects the Chairman for a period of three years.
(3) The Chairman is representing the BNC – OMEP in personal. He can specially authorize members of the Managing Board to represent the BNC before the institutions of the country and abroad in any single case.
(4) The Chairman is in charge of maintenance of the national and international contacts.
(5) The Chairman is obliged to draw up annual report and to present it to the Managing Board and to the organizations, which are sponsoring the activity of the BNC – OMEP for their information.
Art. 16. (1) The property comprises titles; other real rights and rights on intellectual property items, know-how, and takings in leva and in foreign currency, as well as all other rights, permitted by the law to be in possession of legal entities.
(2) Sources of proceeds are:
donations and testaments;
membership due, paid by the members of the BNC;
proceeds from non-profit activities.
(3) The property of the BNC – OMEP can be used only for achievement of the specified objectives in this statute.
Art. 17. The termination of the activity of the BNC may occur following:
decision of the General Meeting;
decision of the Court in the specific cases, pursuant to the Law of individuals and families.
The present statute has been accepted at the constituent meeting of the BNC – OMEP, held on 04.06.1999 and has been signed by the founders of the BNC.
The oval seal of the BNC – OMEP is affixed to the statute.